We at Stevenson Legal Group can assist our business clients in their commercial debt collection efforts. If you are having collection difficulties, we can represent you in any state or federal court in Indiana. We can work with commercial lending enterprises in devising strategies to recoup bad loans and overdue debts.
In general, a debtor is anyone who owes money to someone else (the creditor), either through a credit card, a bank loan, or a mortgage. Usually, there is a clear agreement between creditor and debtor as to how and when the debt must be repaid. If the debtor falls behind or fails to pay altogether, the creditor can refer the matter to a debt-collector or a collection agency.
In a commercial collection setting, the creditor and debtor are both business organizations, not individuals. We focus on helping the creditor organizations recover as much of their commercial debt as possible from the debtor organization. We adhere very strictly to requirements of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and other government regulations governing the conduct of debt collectors.
We can represent clients in the collection from debtors and guarantors. Our representation provides:
- Concise analysis of creditor claims and the potential or anticipated defenses involved with each claim
- Prosecution of the civil action to judgment (including discovery, trials and appeals, where necessary)
- Negotiated settlements and supporting documentation
- Realization upon collateral of all types
- Post-judgment collection activity (judgment debtor asset investigation, and placement of judicial liens)